***ATTENTION USERS | READ BEFORE YOU CONTINUE!!
We all know that your Internet Service Providers (ISP) and your Government keep on tracking your online activities such as browsing history and much more. Your current IP address is always exposed and can be seen by anyone. It may even be used for these entities to monitor your connection, also! While you are browsing, you might get yourself into serious legal troubles if you are found playing copyrighted/licensed content, KNOWINGLY or UNKNOWINGLY.
-The Streaming of any movies online or visiting of such sites is blocked in many countries and it may become a serious issue.
We always recommend using a reliable VPN to help keep your online activities anonymous and non-trackable.
You can easily avoid most unforeseen legal issues by simply using a VPN service.
***Always browse anonymous and be safe!!!
Description of KODI 18.8 LEIA
Kodi 18.8 Leia + New Features Preview
The official Kodi 18.7 download is now out! Install the latest version of Kodi so that you have the latest dependencies, addons, and modules loaded.
Development on the newest version of Kodi took place over more than a year. Overall, the Kodi 18.7 download, Leia, has the following technical changes completed:
- More than 9386 commits (code chunks changed)
- More than 3000 pull-requests (collection of commits that were included in one go)
- More than 8638 changed files
- More than 503.000 code lines removed
- More than 427.000 code lines added
- Over 36 opensource developers
- A lot of free time developing and testing these changes
Kodi v18.7 Upgrade Tips
If you are looking to upgrade to Kodi 18.5, here are some helpful hints to get you started:
Subtitles are supported and, if available at opensubtitles.org, you'll be able to use them, hassle free. You can even stream the contents to your smart tv or Chromecast if you use an app like AllCast or LocalCast.
- It is a good idea to switch back to the default Estuary skin before updating. Due to backend Kodi changes, all skins need to be updated for Kodi 18. Revert back to Estuary before upgrading to ensure that you will at least see everything after you upgrade. Some of the skins that have been upgraded to support Kodi 18.7 include:
- You are free to install Kodi 18 right over the top of Kodi 17. Your operating system should work its magic in the background.
Kodi v18.7 Latest Update
+ As of October 25th, 2019: The official and final Kodi 18 download has been available. This comes after 5 release candidate versions which cleaned up the remainder of the bugs in Kodi 18 and allowed it to get to final stage.
Check out the next section for a generalized list of new features included in the new Kodi 18 download.+
Kodi 18.7 Features
Much of the work in Kodi 18 Leia has been to standardize the backend code, which should mean less errors and better video processing for everyone! Some of the other features noted in this Kodi 18.4 download:
- Button maps for controllers completed
- Improved playback on Android video and DTS-HD audio
- Revamped music library to read metadata instead of just file name.
- Live TV overhaul – Need a USB or network tuner such as HDHomeRun.
- Xbox One Support
- More standardized Android code: Now includes leanback search integration and Google Assistant voice integration
- Better remote and controller support
- Revamped video player support
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) support for login and subscription based DRM services.
- Libretro API added for full game client support. Libretro is the most popular backend for classic game emulators and inclusion into Kodi will open up a whole world of users who can emulate old games within the Kodi interface. Setup can be tricky for beginner users, so we are interested to see how each setup is on Kodi, particularly getting your game controllers (including Playstation and Xbox) to work.
- Improvements to nearly all backend PVR clients supported by Kodi including FilmOn, HDHomeRun ArgusTV, and others. This should mean better menus, feel, and look for viewing live TV channels via an over-the-air tuner.
- Improvements made to Inputstream clients, which improve network streaming protocols. This should hopefully open the door to creating native Kodi addons for online streaming services such as Sling TV, Youtube TV, and other live IPTV sources.
- Better Bluetooth support. This should allow controllers, remotes, keyboard, mouse, and other accessories better access to control Kodi.
- Speech-to-text and recommendations support on Android TV. This should allow Kodi to better integrate into the Android backend and be included in the recommendation tiles that come standard on newer Android devices (such as the nVidia Shield).
- Improved Python based web scraper support.
- Added game client addons for many popular third-party game consoles
- Added new PVR clients for Zattoo Box, Teleboy, and Seldovanitv.
- Added ability to inspect addon dependencies before installing
- Added addons for game controllers and peripherals
- Audio engine improvements
KODI 18.7 SKINS
Note that all of the changes in Kodi 18.7 means that old skins are NOT compatible. This means that skin developers will need to add Kodi 18 support before you can use it. This happened back during the Kodi 16 to 17 transition as well.
If your skin is not supported with Kodi 18.4, you will most likely see the Kodi logo on startup and then Kodi will crash before it gets to your main menu. It is highly recommended that you change your skin back to the default Estuary before you upgrade.
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET!
Sign up for any quality VPN and access the internet unrestricted. Don't allow your Internet Provider or anyone else to track you while you are using the internet for ANY purpose, whatsoever. BE WISE and ALWAYS USE a VPN FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY & SECURITY.